Before visualizing the conception of Cloud Computing Web Hosting Services we should be well known about the terms related to it that are: Cloud Computing and Web Hosting.
The use of computing resources (hardware and software) that are sent as a service over a network (typically the Internet) is termed as Cloud Computing. Cloud Computing Providers are prominent objects who have verifiably substantial production cloud computing service aids. Cloud Computing Providers are sometimes referred to as cloud service providers or CSPs.
If any individual and organization wants to visualize their website on the internet then it will be possible by mean of Web Hosting Service. Web Hosting is a business by virtue of which storage, connectivity and services are to be provided that is essential for a website. Web Host is a company which enables Web Hosting Service.
Although Cloud Computing And Hosting both are the different terms but when the application areas of both Cloud Computing And Hosting are combined then we have the concept of Cloud Computing Web Hosting Services.
So,now we will discuss about the Cloud Computing Web Hosting Services.The services which enables the end user to get access to shared physical resources – servers, networks, bandwidth and supporting infrastructure without the need to purchase, rent or install specific hardware themselves are called as Cloud Computing Web Hosting Services. Cloud Computing Web Hosting Services are free of physical, geographical and technological restraints and can access the same cloud service
wherever the end-users are, across any device – mobile, desktop or tablet – as long as they have an internet connection.
These services can be broken down into three tiers:
- IaaS – Infrastructure as a Service – offers access to physical computing resource, including disk space on virtual servers and networks.
- PaaS – Platform as a Service – a platform including physical resource and operating systems together with the software (e.g., a solution stack) required to run a particular computing environment.
- SaaS – Software as a Service – the user simply has access to applications running on a cloud platform.
Features And Advantages Of Cloud Hosting
The features and advantages of Cloud Computing Web Hosting Services are:
- They incurred the payment for only the resources we need.
- They provides good scalability. We can easily increase or decrease resources without moving sites to other servers.
- These services does not require hardware or software installation.
- By these services servers can be set up immediately.
- Different technologies cannot be used together but these services make it possible to use different technologies together.
- They provides better uptime than other types of web hosting.
- They can handle the problem of Traffic spikes .
- As different technologies can not be used together but Cloud Computing Web Hosting Services make it possible to use them together.
- They ensure highest level of website performance.
- They provide guaranteed server resources (CPU, RAM).
- There is no single point of failure in these services.
- They incur low price and has substantial features.
- They provide reliable.
- They provide security.
- They are sold on demand.
- These services are fully manageable.
- They are elastic that means a user can have as much or as little of a service as they want at any given time.
- They are fast to implement.
- They are cost efficient and scalable.
Disadvantages Of Cloud Computing Web Hosting Services
The disadvantages of Cloud Computing Website Hosting Services are
- Lack of root access means less control.
- Sites using these services can still have downtime if the connections between servers aren’t working.
- As a quite new service, it doesn’t have a long track record.
- They are not broadly offered or used.
Thus, Cloud Computing Website Hosting Services are provided from a completely redundant, multi-server system, in which the resources are vigorously accessible and often virtualized.