Cloud computing is the delivery of computing as a service rather than a product where shared resources, software, and information provided to computers and other devices over the network. It provides computation, software, data access and storage resources without requiring the cloud users to know the location and other details of the infrastructure.
It is a centralized technology which involves scalable and virtualized resources as a service over the internet. Cloud server hosting services delivered from a cluster of network web servers. It has eased out the process of particular installation of applications and is more efficient with one of its prime features as it has a centralized storage, memory, processors and bandwidth allocation.
Cloud server hosting solutions also reduce the overhead cost of server hardware and other applications that are suitable for companies that are looking forward to cutting their cost. It can also be defined as fully redundant and multiserver systems which are easily scalable and can be virtualized on-demand.
Generally, a cloud hosted website is operating on multiple connected servers and instead of being limited to single server the website has the access to multiple servers and the processing power is unlimited as you can always add a new server and scale it up.
As the technology is highly scalable, website expansions can be done with minimum limitations. Cost is another a huge plus point if you need a lot of processing power because hosting companies will charge users according to the quantity of the computing power consumed.
There are three unique characteristics that set apart cloud hosting from another hosting.
- The first factor is that cloud hosting is sold on demand, the service is elastic which means that user can have as much service he wants and finally the service is fully managed by the provider.
- The importance of cloud hosting has increased considerably because of significant innovations in virtualization and distributed computing, besides enhanced access to high-speed internet.
- The service is an aggregation of computer resources into a single bucket and the ability to treat that bucket as a single resource shared between applications. The resources can be processing, storage, and network and as they get aggregated into the bucket they form a cloud.
Benefits of Cloud Server Hosting:
- Powerful tools for managed hosting – Hosting account comes with powerful tools to manage the virtual server
Easily scalable – Server’s can be scaled real-time.
Affordable – You can choose your server configuration based on your requirement. So, you will be paying only for the resource you use.
- The Cloud computing environment consists of multiple servers. The processing load is distributed across the servers. So, it gives high performance.
- Load balancing of the servers, which provides high performance and data security.
- High availability of servers
- Fast provisioning of an account using pre-configured OS.