Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) is configured using the MTS Explorer snap-in, a graphical management tool used to deploy and manage solutions across a network. MTS Explorer provides developers and administrators with a complete view of all the components deployed within a solution.
To open Microsoft Transaction Server snap-in
- On the Start menu, point to Programs, Microsoft Internet Information Server, Microsoft Transaction Server, and then click Transaction Server Explorer.
- The Microsoft Transaction Server snap-in opens in Microsoft Management Console.
- The Microsoft Transaction Server Explorer includes point and click wizards for assembling and configuring a solution from pre-built packages and components. A package is a set of components that perform related application functions.
These wizards include:
- Package Wizard. To create packages.
- Component Wizard. To add components to a package. The wizard either lists all components already registered in the system, or enables the administrator to register new components.
- Add Server Wizard. To .export a package to a remote server, dynamically adding servers to a distributed solution.
- Add Clients Wizard. To add client systems to a distributed solution.
- Configure Wizard. To set the transactional properties of components deployed within a package.
- Security Wizard. To configure the security attributes of components and packages.
The Microsoft Transaction Server Explorer includes the following GUI utilities:
- Transaction Lists. To list the properties of the running transactions.
- Transaction Statistics. To track transaction performance.
- Trace Messages. To view trace messages.
The following is an example of a standard transaction that occurs in the banking industry.
The bank application consists of four components:
- Account. Uses ODBC calls to modify an account record in a single database.
- MoveMoney. Performs debit, credit, and transfer operations against different bank databases.
- Receipt. Generates a unique ED number for each bank transaction.
- UpdateReceipt. Allocates ranges of unique ED numbers for receipts.
This is an example of a simple application getting all of the benefits of a sophisticated, high-end server infrastructure—including transactions, location transparency, thread and process management, and database connection pooling—through integration with Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS).
- The client initiates a bank transaction by invoking MoveMoney.
- MoveMoney invokes an Account component for each database that it needs to modify. MoveMoney‘also invokes the Receipt component for each bank transaction.
- MTS makes sure that the work of all these components executes as a single unit (or transaction), even though these are different components that could be written in different languages.
Each one of these components is built as a simple, single-user ActiveX component, yet executes as “multiuser” through MTS thread and process management services.
- The Account Components access the SQL Server database via MTS ODBC resource dispensers, a mechanism for high-performance database access.
|Companies||Price||Server Location||Price||Visit Now|
Cloud SSD Hosting
|$1.43 /mo.||WILMINGTON, DE, US||Price @ $1.43 /mo.||Visit Now|
|$2.99 /mo.||LASALLE, CA||Price @ $2.99 /mo.||Visit Now|
|$2.75/mo.||Burlington, MA, US||Price : $2.75/mo.||Visit Now|
Lifetime Free Domain
|$3.95/mo.||Panama, PA||Start @ $3.95/mo.||Visit Now|
|$1.99/mo.||Arlington Heights, IL, US||Start @ $1.99/mo.||Visit Now|
|$4.95/mo||AUBURN, MA, US||Start @ $4.95/mo||Visit Now|
|$3.25/mo.||Burlington, MA, US||Start @ $3.25/mo.||Visit Now|
|$3.95/mo||Columbus, OH, US||Start @ $3.95/mo||Visit Now|
|$4.95/mo||NASHUA, NH, US||Start @ $4.95/mo||Visit Now|
Managed WordPress Hosting
|$89.00/mo.||Lansing, MI, US||Price : $19.00/mo.||Visit Now|