The final step in your search engine optimization campaign is web logs analysis. The value of raw web logs often not understood. But the truth is that your web log files are one of the most valuable resources you have as an Internet marketer.
Examples of what your server logs can tell you
- Measure the effectiveness of banner ads and PPC search engines.
- What have search engine spiders found your site?
- The keywords people are finding on your site?
- What search engines bring you the most traffic?
- How many have book-marked your site?
- How well do people like your site?
- The number of people who visited your site
- What pages are most popular?
- Why do people leave your site?
- Who is linking to your site?
Web logs analysis tell you if search engine optimization and other marketing campaigns are working. They will show you exactly in what areas you have success and where you need to put in more work. So, if you run a site but haven’t seen your servers web log files. Then, get a hold of them right away. They will teach you things you’d never expect about how to make your site better? Not just for you, but also for the people who matter – your customers.