Set up an extensive website
To create a website, you only need to do these two things:
- Sign up for website hosting, and choose a domain name (i.e.cpwebhosting.com).
- Create your website.
A domain name is the Internet address of a website or blog. You’ll need to choose a domain name. Your domain name should be simple, obvious, and as short as possible.
Choose domain name memorable, Speakable and thematic. Don’t stuff your whole business name into your domain name. Don’t use numbers or dashes (without perfect reason).
There are different packages that a web hosting company offers to its clients. They choose according to the website’s traffic and what all kind of users are going to visit the site.
If you’re an Internet marketer, you know the value of choosing the right web host for your site.
Your business depends on how well your site operates you must be cynical in selecting your web hosting service.
Choose best website host LinuxHost
The important points to remember
- Uptime: You must choose the host with uptime nearly up to 100%.
- Support: It is a very crucial part of the web hosting company. If you get stuck in any problem, the customer support of the hosting company helps to figure out the problem.
- Reliability: For sure your business grows gradually.
- Price: Don’t compromise services for cost, choose the quality over quantity. Use online tools to compare prices and find the best plan with quality service.
- Hosting features: Make sure that hosting company is offering all latest tools like Cpanel, Softaculous, etc.
Uploading your website
Use FTP to move your files from your local hard drive to the hosting server. Many hosting companies provide an online data management tool that you can use to upload your records. Talk to your hosting provider if you have specific questions about how to get your files to their server.
Website host linuxhost guides you step by step in uploading your site. We provide you steps on how to make your site available online.
Some steps that will guide you to upload the website at Linux Host:
- Decide where you are going to put your pages.
- Find account details like username, password, “hostname” (the machine where you’ll upload your files), and URL or Web address
- Connect to the Internet
- Open up an FTP program (like Fetch – Mac or WS-FTP – PC)
- Enter hostname, user name, and password of your Web site
- Connect to the site
- Highlight the files you would like on your Web site
- Click on the option to transfer them to your Web site.
Project your traffic
The primary website goal is to gain online visitors. The term website traffic refers to the sum of all the visitors to your site. To be able to do that you need to know how to check your website traffic.
Steps of monitoring the web traffic:
- Install a hit counter: A code you put on the web page, which counts viewership.
- Use Google Analytics: Provides viewership number and information about visitors, locations, loyalty, etc.
- Check Alexa: Provide site traffic and all kind of valuable data.
- A lot of other online services offer to count your website’s visitors if you create an account with them.
Feature available for backup and recovery, security
The control panel cPanel
- The control panel Cpanel provides the facility for backup, recovery and safety features of the website.
- Provides a graphical interface and automation tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a website.
- Utilizes a 3 tier structure that provides functionality for administrators, resellers, and end-user website owners. Control the various aspects of website and server administration through a standard web browser.
- Command line and API based access allow third party software vendors, web hosting organizations, and developers. To automate standard system administration processes.
- Front-end provided for the management of PGP keys, crontab tasks, mail and FTP accounts, and mailing lists.
Some of the commonly available modules in most control panels:
- Access to server logs.
- Details of available and used web space and bandwidth.
- Email account configuration.
- Maintaining FTP users’ accounts.
- Managing database.
- Visitor statistics using web log analysis software.
- Web-based file manager.
Handle potential disasters
Website host LinuxHost has enough potential to protect your website from the disasters.
Record your pertinent site information: Be sure that you know your login and password information.
- Login information for email accounts and additional information like email groups and email aliases
- Content management system login
- Hosting control panel login
- Domain registrar web address and login
FTP login information: You should also have the customer support phone numbers, email and other contact information for your website hosting provider.
Website host LinuxHost Perform and save regular backups of your site
Most hosting companies and application service providers back up their server data regularly. Customers can maintain backups through the backup facility provided in the control panel. It is also a good idea to keep backup copies of the website at a remotely accessible location.
Determine an implementation plan for recovering your site
Be sure to keep your backup data and login information available. Decide who will be in charge of restoring the backups or uploading the files to your new website.
Website host LinuxHost keep an extra copy of your site data in a safe place
Create backup on remote sites. Whatever it takes, establish a disaster recovery plan, and protect your website.